Manage the Risks of Remote Learning in Higher Education
Why Read This
Many colleges and universities offer remote learning. Other institutions might switch from in-person learning to remote learning due to a pandemic or other crisis. Created to support administrators in ensuring a positive remote learning experience for students and employees, this guide covers:
- Ensuring equal access for students
- Managing academic changes
- Addressing online privacy and security concerns
- Upholding your institution’s standards
- Communicating clearly with students
- Institutions should work with counsel to determine if their cybersecurity and privacy policies require updating to reflect the needs of a remote experience.
- Safety and security remain paramount; emphasizing your institution’s protective policies will remind community members that they can still report any issues and trust that those reports will receive a thorough response.
- Transparency and communication are key in helping the community transition to remote learning, and institutions must be proactive in creating and effectuating a communications plan.