General Liability Coverage
United Educators’ (UE’s) broad general liability (GL) coverage protects against a wide range of potential claims including alcohol abuse, campus crime, and sexual misconduct.
UE's comprehensive GL policy typically covers institutions against liability arising out of bodily injury, personal injury, and third-party property damage occurring because of accidents or negligent acts attributable to the insured.
- $1 million/$3 million aggregate primary coverage per occurrence
- Limits of up to $30 million available under excess policy (exceptions apply)
What Is Covered
Potential insureds include:
- Higher ed institutions
- Trustees and officers
Our broad coverage can protect against a wide range of potential claims including alcohol abuse, athletic injuries, traumatic brain injuries (if institutions qualify), and sexual misconduct (if institutions qualify). Coverage may apply to:
- Allied health professionals and counselors in campus infirmaries
- Armed and unarmed security guards
- Excess auto liability
- Excess employers liability
- Foreign travel
- Student transportation (excess of primary auto liability coverage)
- Unmanned aerial vehicles (including drones)
Foreign Terrorism Endorsement
UE’s standard GL policies provide coverage for acts of domestic terrorism. These policies cover hostile actions occurring in the U.S., including its territories or possessions, or in Canada.
The Foreign Terrorism endorsement offers optional GL coverage to protect an institution as well as its students and faculty traveling abroad from liability arising out of acts of foreign terrorism.