United Educators (UE) adds distinct value to our broker relationships through our dedication and commitment to protecting educational institutions. We’ve maintained an AM Best rating of “A” (excellent) for 22 consecutive years.
Coverage for the institution as well as its trustees, directors, and officers. At the institution’s option, the policy also covers employees, volunteers, and in some circumstances, students and interns.
Coverage for most student internships and experiential learning opportunities. The policy protects the educational institution, faculty supervisors, most employees in select occupations, volunteers, and students.
Addresses the specific concerns of public school districts and boards of education. Coverage for the school, trustees, superintendents, officers, employees, student teachers, volunteer workers and, in some cases, students and interns.
Coverage for the institution, its trustees, directors, officers, faculty, and employees to address liability arising out of bodily injury, personal injury, and third-party property damage occurring because of wrongful or negligent acts.
Benefits of Membership
- Make informed decisions with the information and knowledge gained by UE that address the issues your institution faces.
- Access a library of risk management resources and personalized advisory services. From online learning programs to claims studies and webinars, the resources report on topics such as sexual assault prevention and response, concussion management, and study abroad.
- Feel confident in partnering with UE knowing that we take the time to understand and anticipate members’ needs, serve as trusted advisors and empathetic partners, and respond with appropriate immediacy and relevancy.
- Earn a credit toward your premium by participating in specific risk management activities through the Risk Management Premium Credit (RMPC) program. Available for eligible members carrying an educators legal liability (ELL) or general liability (GL) policy.
- Gain crisis response support through ProResponse®, a supplemental program available to qualifying K-12 and higher education members with UE’s GL and ELL coverage and to public school districts with UE’s school board legal liability (SBL) and public school liability (PSL) coverage. Coverage must have been in place both on the date the underlying event occurred and the date that the triggering circumstances arose, depending on the benefit sought.
- Access broader coordinated coverage for hybrid claims with seamless coverage. This added endorsement for incidents that result in allegations that trigger claims in both an ELL and GL policy.
- Get the assurance you need with worldwide protection. Includes ELL claims filed in U.S. and overseas courts which is even more critical as faculty and students expand geographic footprints.
Risk Management Resources and Services
Members have unlimited access to risk management and online training resources addressing top risks for K-12 schools, colleges, and universities.
Members can use these valuable tools to:
- Reduce training costs – Implement UE’s online courses rather than contracting with a third party for courses on similar topics
- Help prevent incidents and claims – Heighten awareness of high-risk and unlawful behaviors to help safeguard your campus
- Engage students and staff on timely topics – Provide immersive learning experiences using our highly rated courses based on education scenarios